Dr. Howard D. Routman
Dr. Howard Routman is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in treatment
of shoulder disorders and shoulder reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Routman is an Associate Clinical Professor at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nova-Southeastern University.
He is also involved in the design and modification of orthopaedic surgical instruments and implants for shoulder surgery.
Dr. Routman conducts national and international lectures on shoulder topics.
Education and Training
After graduating from the University of Florida, Dr. Routman attended Nova-Southeastern University Medical School and
graduated with highest honors. He entered training at Ohio University’s Doctor’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio for his internship,
and completed his orthopaedic surgical training at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he was selected
Chief Resident. After completion of orthopaedic training, Dr. Routman was selected as a Fellow in Shoulder Reconstruction at
the prestigious Hughston Sports Medicine Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Awards and Recognitions
- President — Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons (2015-2016)
- Vice President — Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons 2014-2015
- Secretary — Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons 2013-2014
- Associate Member — American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- President — Shoulder and Elbow Section, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics 2016-2017
- Vice President — Shoulder and Elbow Section, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics 2015-2016
- President — Palm Beach Shoulder and Sports Medicine Foundation
Director, Palm Beach Shoulder Service
Dr. Routman is the Director of Palm Beach Shoulder Service and the President and Founder of Palm Beach Shoulder and
Sports Medicine Foundation, a local non-profit organization promoting
educational research and injury prevention.
Dr. Routman is on staff at JFK Medical Center and the North Campus, Palm Beach Gardens
Medical Center, and Jupiter Medical Center.